Stockbroker Jobs in Chicago
The focus of the Chicago Stock Broker or Financial Advisor is to engage high-net-worth prospects qualifying and scheduling face-to-face appointments, and meeting with prospective clients for the purpose of gathering new assets (clients) . The job is highly entrepreneurial and involves extensive calling, and direct consultative selling.
Financial Advisors provide sound financial advice and value-added service to investors-always striving to build long-term relationships based on mutual trust and respect. Through a long-term investment approach, advisors help clients develop and implement strategies for building wealth and realizing their goals.
Successful Chicago Stock Brokers have these traits:
• Strong competitive drive; plays to win and has desire to be #1
• Goal-oriented and results-focused; “money is a measure of success” mentality
• Calculated risk-taker; willing to win-some, lose some
• Proven closer; outstanding sales ability with documented track record of success
• Optimistic outlook; sees opportunities not problems
• Persistence under adversity; accepts personal responsibility for failures and treats “losses” as learning opportunities
• High activity orientation and exceptional work ethic—live to work (rather than work to live) mentality
• Phenomenal interpersonal communication skills; is confident, dynamic and assertive
• Highly ethical and professional